Discover Science and MathDedicated to supporting science and math education in New Jersey, Rutgers offers community outreach programs to help the children and adults of New Jersey put science to work for the larger society.
Douglass Project for Rutgers Women in Math, Science, and Engineering
Wild about math, science, and technology? Dedicated to supporting women drawn to studying math, sciences, engineering, and technology, the award-winning Douglass Project provides educational experiences, academic development, and leadership opportunities.
- Discover more about the Douglass Project for Rutgers Women in Math, Science, and Engineering:
- Learn about opportunities for high schoolers in the Douglass Project PreCollege Programs: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~dougproj/DPPreCollege.html
Whether you are a K–12 or Rutgers University student, the MSLC's goal is to help students improve their knowledge of physics, biology, and other subjects in mathematics and the sciences, and is known for its hands-on demonstrations.
- Learn more: http://mslc.rutgers.edu
- Look up one of the five programs offered by the Douglass Project for Rutgers Women in Math, Science, and Engineering. What is the importance of the program? Share the information with your troop.
- Does your school have any programs that help girls learn more about science and math? Discuss with your troop.
- Working with your troop leader or teacher, set up a tour of the MSLC for your class or troop.