Rutgers is pleased to sponsor the Rutgers University in Your Community Girl Scout Program Award to help young women learn more about the possibilities that await them in the world of higher education and at the State University of New Jersey. The activities are designed to inform, challenge, and provide an enjoyable experience as they learn more about Rutgers and themselves.
While many of the tasks encourage young women to explore in-depth information about specific topics, a Girl Scout should also come away from the project with a general understanding of the following:
- The university's status within the state, as well as nationally and internationally
- The different kinds of students that attend Rutgers, what courses they can take, and some of the career opportunities available to college graduates
- The kinds of on-campus and off-campus activities available to college students and visitors
- How Rutgers helps local communities and people in New Jersey
- The contributions Rutgers makes to society through its research
- The university's long history in New Jersey
The patch may be worn on the back side of the vest or sash. Please email Juliette's Closet for patch availability.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Office of Community Affairs
Department of University Relations
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
101 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-932-7823, ext. 675